Maps are wonderful things, so here we'll look back on the area where Glen Mhor was situated and any changes. The landmark of the Caledonian Canal was completed in 1822, therefore predating the distillery by several decades. When the distillery did arrive, it was in Muirtown before it was swallowed up by an expanding Inverness. Located at the end of Telford Street, which we can see in this Ordnance Survey map from 1843-1882 that gives a glimpse of the landscape at that time. Credit: National Library of Scotland
This is the other side of the map with Telford Street reaching the Caledonian basin and you can visualise how rural the Muirtown area was with a nursery and fields. Initially, from a newspaper story (see the newspaper section), we know that local Muirtown farmers were supplying barley to the distillery in 1896, if not prior.
And looking at the same map from that year, we can see the arrival of Glen Mhor distillery, placed in front of the football ground that is shown in surviving photographs. Compared to Glen Albyn, it was a modest affair initially.
Jumping into 1938, we can see that Glen Mhor remains relatively unchanged, of course, from 1920 both distilleries were under joint ownership and running in tandem, so potentially we may have to look at Glen Albyn for any growth.